Here are a few fun facts about shoelaces you’ve never heard about:
- The world record for the fastest time to tie 3 pairs of shoelaces in a bow is 9.99 sec, achieved by Álvaro Martín Mendieta (Spain) on 6 November 2022.
- The average person spends approximately six months of their lifetime tying their shoelaces.
- The first shoelaces were made from animal hides, such as leather or rawhide, and were used to tie sandals and other footwear.
- The first shoelaces made from synthetic materials, such as nylon, were developed in the 1930s.
- Some people believe that the number of holes on a shoe corresponds to the number of demons that can be kept out, with eight holes being the most effective.
- Shoelaces can be used as a method of self-defense in emergency situations, such as tying the laces together and using them as a whip or strangling tool.
- There are more than 100 different knots and tying techniques that can be used to fasten shoelaces.
- Shoelaces were once used as a form of currency in some parts of the world, with people trading them for goods and services.
Extra Thick Durable Shoelaces Replacement for New Balance Sneakers$6.06 – $6.41
Non slip boot laces, Round Shoelaces for Boots$6.08 – $6.23
Metallic Shoelaces fit Golden Goose Sneakers$20.00
Classic Flat Shoelaces for Fashion Sneakers, Sports Shoes, Casual Shoe Strings for Athletic Running Sneakers, Boots any other sneakers or shoes$6.21 – $6.54
No Tie Thin Elastic LacesProduct on sale$5.00 – $6.52
Round Shoelaces for ADIDAS YEEZY sneakers$6.06 – $6.50
Thick Double Woven Colored Shoelaces for New Balance Shoes/Sneakers$6.02 – $6.09
Strong Round Shoe laces for boots or work shoes, Laces for High Top Outdoor Walking Hiking Boots$6.13 – $6.47