Shoelaces are an essential part of footwear, and choosing the right length of laces can be a daunting task for many, especially those who have never done it before. To help you out, we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to make things easier.
Shoelaces Lengths for Shoes/Sneakers/Boots
An easy and common method for determining the length of a shoelace is to count the number of eyelet pairs on the shoe.
How to count how many eyelets on the shoe? Simply count how many total holes are in the shoe and divide by two, or count how many holes are down one side. This is the number of eyelet pairs on your shoes.
You can then use our lace length chart to determine the length of lace you need.
- For shoes with 4 eyelets, you need 39-inch laces
For shoes with 6 eyelets, you need 47-inch laces
For shoes with 7 eyelets, you need 55-inch laces
For shoes with 8-9 eyelets, you need 63-inch laces
For shoes with 10-12 eyelets, you need 70-inch laces
Method #2: Remove and Measure
The best way to find out the length of shoelace you need is to remove the lace from your footwear and measure it from tip to tip. This will give you the exact length you need for the replacement lace.
If you haven’t received your new shoes yet and don’t have a tape measure, the best way to determine the length of shoelace you need is to remove the lace from a similar pair of shoes and measure it from tip to tip. This will give you the approximate length you need for the replacement lace.
Method #3 Choosing the Right Shoelaces Length
Alternatively, you can use our lace length chart to help you pick the right size shoelace for your shoes or sneakers.
Shoelaces come in a variety of lengths, ranging from 27 inches to 70 inches. It’s essential to understand the different lengths available to select the right one for your shoes. Here are the most common lengths available:
- 27 inches: Ideal for children’s shoes or shoes with few eyelets
- 39 inches: Ideal for shoes with four to five eyelets, such as women’s dress shoes or men’s oxfords
- 47 inches: Ideal for shoes with five to six eyelets, such as Nike AF1, Converse or Golden Goose
- 55 inches: Ideal for shoes with seven or eight eyelets, such as high-top sneakers or boots
- 63 inches: Ideal for shoes with up to nine eyelets
- 70 inches: Ideal for shoes with 10 to 12 eyelets, such as Dr. Martens boots or other high-top boots
Choosing the right length of shoelaces is crucial for the comfort and fit of your shoes. By measuring your current laces and understanding the different lengths available, you can select the right one for your shoes.
Leave a comment down below with your shoe model and foot size, and we will reply with the appropriate shoelace length you need!